Friday, June 20, 2008

1st Grade here we Come!


Having nothing to do with cakes or parties, but definitely on my mind today, I thought I would share a current event.

As my daughter “graduates” from kindergarten today, I was trying to figure out the best way (or any way) to commemorate the occasion without making such a huge deal that I would have to outdo it each year for the next 12 years.

So, I beaded a necklace for her. I used some of her beads, some of mine and a few from the bridesmaid dress that I wore in my sisters wedding. I thought it would be special to have a collaboration of both of our collections of beads. And then, I made a matching one for me.

2 comments:

the four of us said...

oh, that's so sweet! i love the idea! and i'm sure she'll treasure it forever.

also, i had an idea that perhaps you could make a party around: paper bag puppets [you know, the kind you made way back when...]. i have all these brown paper bags and perhaps could use them for b's 3rd birthday...get to work! ;) we'll see you SOON!!!

Saucy said...

Sorry sister, I can tell its in your makeup: you're going to outdo yourself for the next twelve years. Put on that thinking cap of yours.