Thursday, September 10, 2009

As I leave for the MS 50 Mile Walk


quilt 2004


quilt 2006


quilt 2007



quilt 2008


It's Thursday morning, and I have about 6 hours before I leave for the weekend. This is the weekend of the annual Southern California MS Challenge Walk, 50 miles over 3 days to find the cure. I'm sure you already know all about it because I've only written about it a million times over the last 6 months or so.


A couple of things I just wanted to say (really quick because I have yet to pack)...


First, this is the 4th year I have made (obviously with the help of my Aunt Janet) a quilt with the previous year’s walk t-shirts to raffle off to the walkers, volunteers, family and friends who participate. I am happy to say, that it is done – as of last night at 11pm – nothing like waiting till the last minute. Isn’t it beautiful?


Thank you Aunt Janet.





Second, every year on the same exact weekend of the Walk, my husband travels to Oregon for his annual cycling trip across the state. The same exact weekend. Every year. So, we do call upon our friends and family to help us care for the kids. They graciously come and stay, carpool and feed, entertain and love our children for 3 days.


Thank you Pat, Gina, Missy, Julia, Brenda and Tova.




So, think of me? While I walk? I'll probably be complaining, and growing a new set of blisters, and definitely having a good time being silly, seeing old friends, and raising awareness for this disease that needs a cure.



walking in '03



walking in '08

No comments: