Thursday, April 9, 2009

Warning: Easter Bunny Spoiler

{Don't let the kids read over your shoulder}

Ultra practical gifts, nearly free packaging

My daughter is very "snoopy" these days, so I have to be quite careful about what I look at when she is around.

Take my blog for example. Today, I would like to share a little tip about Easter baskets, but I also need to be sure she doesn't see it until she is at least 11 (at what age do you let them down gently about who buys for the Easter bunny?).

In the past, I have purchased a new basket each year for both of my kids for their gifts from the Easter bunny. And as everyone is a little in the same boat with finances, I was in a bit of a quandary as to how to pull off the gift without the new basket.

Enter: Cellophane. And some bright orange and yellow plaid ribbon. I already had the cellophane (from tons of previous basket wrapping projects) and although I did buy the ribbon, it was only $2 for 10 yards.

One last tip: although it may be too late this year, next year think about what the Easter bunny might bring that is fun and exciting, yet ultra practical. This year, I filled their gift bags with new swimsuits and towels. I was going to have to buy them anyway - so why not kill two bunnies with one stone? Wait, that doesn't sound right.


P.S. You still have time to put together your own "Next to Nothing" Easter decor, from our girls over at Paper & Cake, always $5.

1 comment:

Natalia said...

no that doesnt sound right. BUT ITS FUNNY!!!!!

I love your idea and might have to something similar.

P.S I haven't done my Easter shopping yet.