Thursday, January 8, 2009

Nancy Drew Birthday Party, Here We Come!


One down... six thousand to go. Well, maybe not quite that many.

For this invitation, I scanned the front and back of a Nancy Drew book to get color and text placement ideas. Then, I took some very silly photos of my daughter peeking around a bedroom closet doorway.

In photoshop, I tried (unsuccessfully) to give the photo a more "painterly" quality, and ended up with something not very close to what I envisioned but what I spent far less time trying to achieve. Then, using Illustrator, I created the yellow boxes, text and bar code.

Next, after a simple upload to CostcoPhotoCenter.com, I will glue/tape the two 5x7 photos back to back and mail off in a nice white envelope.

Done!

5 comments:

michelle said...

I love that!

Unknown said...

What a great idea! I can't wait to see how it all comes together.

amy * stem * said...

Okay, this is CUTE. This is going to be so much fun. Can't wait to see more.

I nominated you for a blog luv award today. Tag - you're it.

Teacher1st said...

I don't suppose you would share your template for the Nancy Drew invitation would you? My daughter wants a Nancy Drew party for her birthday.

abigail @ Paper and Cake said...

teacher1st...

send me an email, we'll talk :)

abigailee2@gmail.com